It’s not possible to watch Netflix on apple watch yet. There is no official update on this. But If you still wanna do it and want to stream Netflix on the go with your Apple Watch, then you may already know that the experience isn’t as straightforward as we’d like.
While Apple Watch doesn’t have the capability to stream video content, you can access Netflix content on other devices or using the Remote app on your other ios Devices.
In this article, we will discuss how to use your Apple Watch to watch Netflix, which Apple Watch models are compatible with the Remote app, and whether you can download videos on your Apple Watch.
Can You Watch Netflix on Apple Watch?
An Apple Watch doesn’t have the capability to stream video content, so you can’t watch Netflix movies and shows on the device itself. Yet, with the latest models of Apple Watch, there are ways to access your favourite content from other devices.
Using the Remote App to Access Netflix on Your Apple Watch-
The Remote app on your Apple Watch can control Netflix on Apple TV or another compatible device. To use it, open the Remote app on your watch and select a device to pair. Then, you’ll see a basic set of controls that you can use to pause, skip, rewind, and fast-forward Netflix content.
Because you can’t stream videos from your Apple Watch, you need to have another device connected to the same WiFi network as your Apple Watch.
Do you want to change your Apple watch face as you like or update it with a new one?
Follow these steps to pair your Apple Watch with a compatible device to stream Netflix using the Remote app:
- Install the Remote app on your Apple Watch. You can do this by opening the App Store app on your iPhone and searching for “Remote” using Scribble or Dictation. Then, install the app on your watch by tapping the “Get” button next to the app’s listing.
- Open the Remote app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap the “Add a Device” button and select a compatible device from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Apple Watch with your device. This may involve entering a code on your device or approving the connection on both your watch and your device.
- After pairing your Apple Watch and compatible device, open the Netflix app on the device, sign in, and browse for content to watch.
- You can now use your Apple Watch as a remote control to navigate the Netflix library.
- Select movies or shows, and use the Play/Pause button on your Netflix on Apple Watch 8 to pause or resume playback.
which Apple Watch models are compatible with-
All the latest Apple watch models are compatible but the iPhone you are using to access your watch needs to be on iOS 13 or later. iOS13 is the least basic need to download and access all the features or you won’t be able to access them.
Alternate Method You can try on Apple Watch-
Love watching Netflix, and want to stream your favourite shows and movies on your wrist.
Keep on reading and follow the instructions-
- The first step is to download the WatchPlayer app: WatchPlayer is a third-party app that allows you to watch videos on your Apple Watch. You can download it from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the WatchPlayer app on your Apple Watch: After downloading the WatchPlayer app on your iPhone, open it on your Apple Watch.
- Pair your iPhone and Apple Watch: Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are paired and connected via Bluetooth. If they’re not, you won’t be able to watch Netflix on your Apple Watch.
- Open the Netflix app on your iPhone: Make sure you have the Netflix app installed on your iPhone. If you don’t, download it from the App Store Asap.
- Choose the video you want to watch: Find the video you want to watch on Netflix and start playing it on your iPhone. Make sure you have downloaded the correct application.
- Play the video on your Apple Watch: Once the video is playing on your iPhone, open the WatchPlayer app on your Apple Watch. You should see the video playing on your watch.
- Use the digital crown to adjust the volume and playback: You can use the digital crown on your Apple Watch to adjust the volume and playback of the video.
Keep in mind that watching videos on your Apple Watch can drain the battery, so it’s best to use this feature.
Can You Download Videos on Your Apple Watch?
Unfortunately, you can’t download videos onto your Apple Watch because it doesn’t have the capability to download and store the files.
If you receive videos embedded in SMS and iMessage on your Apple Watch, you can view them on the device by tapping the play button within the message.
Unfortunately, this same feature won’t work for videos received from other apps or services.
Are All Apple Watch Models Compatible With the Remote App?
The Remote app is part of the watchOS operating system and comes preinstalled on Apple Watch models. It’s available for all models but needs installing from the App Store if you’re using a model older than the Series 3.
To access the Remote app, look for the designated icon on your Apple Watch — it’s a blue circle with a white play button — then tap to open it.
If the app isn’t preinstalled for any reason, you can install it by accessing the App Store from your Apple Watch and using Scribble or Dictation to search for the Remote app.
While it’s not possible to watch Netflix on an Apple Watch. the Remote app and third-party apps like WatchPlayer can try to play the content, which may not be a 100% fix to this problem but you can try it.
Watchplayer provides alternate ways to access your favourite content on other devices. With these options, you can use your Apple Watch to browse the content on the go. But, it’s important to note that watching videos on your Apple Watch can drain the battery, so it’s best to use this feature minimally.