If you’re a gamer experiencing issues with Remnant 2 crashing or not launching, fear not. We’ve got some effective fixes that might just get you back to enjoying this stellar new entry in the Remnant franchise. Before we jump into the solutions, let’s make sure your PC can handle Remnant 2 in the first place. While it’s a fairly optimized game, meeting the minimum requirements is essential for a smooth experience.
If Remnant 2 is crashing upon launch, it’s likely due to missing or corrupted game files. This can happen due to interference from antivirus software or other third-party programs like system cleaners.
Minimum Requirements for Remnant 2
To ensure a smooth experience while playing Remnant 2, it is essential to meet the minimum requirements. While the game is fairly optimized, failing to meet these requirements can cause crashing or other issues. Here are the minimum requirements for Remnant 2:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.00GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 50 GB available space
Verify Game Files
If you are a Steam user experiencing crashing issues while trying to launch Remnant 2, it may be due to missing or corrupted game files. This can happen due to interference from antivirus software or other third-party programs like system cleaners. To verify game files, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and find Remnant 2 in your games library.
- Right-click on it and go to properties.
- Click on the installation files tab and select “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
This process will scan and replace any corrupted or missing files.
Epic Games Launcher Users
If you are an Epic Games Launcher user experiencing crashing issues while trying to launch Remnant 2, it may be due to missing or corrupted game files. To verify game files, follow these steps:
- Open the launcher and locate Remnant 2.
- Right-click on it and click on “Manage.”
- Hit “Verify” inside the “Verify Files” section.
This process will scan and replace any corrupted or missing files..
Disable Remnant 2 Voice Chat
If you are experiencing crashing issues while playing Remnant 2, disabling the in-game voice chat might just be the solution you need. Here’s how you can do it:
- Quit Remnant 2 and open the Windows File Explorer.
- Paste the specified path to find and open the engine.ne file with Notepad.
- Scroll down to the bottom and paste the given lines to disable voice chat.
- Save the file and then restart Remnant 2 to see if the crash is resolved.
Disable Razer Software and Services
If you use Razer peripherals and have Razer Central Synapse installed, it could be causing Remnant 2 crashing problems. Here’s how to disable Razer software and services:
- Apply any customization you need and save it to your hardware.
- Exit all Razer apps from the taskbar.
- Launch Remnant 2 to check if the crashing persists.
Install Necessary Runtime Software
To ensure a smooth experience playing Remnant 2, it is important to have all the necessary runtime software installed on your PC. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the Microsoft Visual C++ Redist website and download the latest redistributable software, as well as any older versions up until 2012, if they were not already installed.
- Install the software by following the prompts, and if the software was already installed, select the “Repair” option instead.
- Restart your PC after installation.
Add Exceptions for Remnant 2 in Antivirus
If you’re experiencing crashing or launching problems while trying to play Remnant 2, it might be due to your antivirus software blocking the game’s access to system resources or even removing essential game files. To see if this is the cause of the problem, you can temporarily disable real-time protection or add exceptions for Remnant 2 in your antivirus settings. Here’s how:
- Open your antivirus software and navigate to the settings or options menu.
- Look for an option to add exceptions or exclude files/folders from scanning.
- Add the following files and folders to the list of exceptions:
- The Remnant 2 game folder (usually located in your Steam or Epic Games Launcher library)
- The Remnant 2 executable file (Remnant-Win64-Shipping.exe)
- The Remnant 2 launcher file (Remnant.exe)
- The Remnant 2 anti-cheat file (EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll)
- Save the changes and restart your PC.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you should now be able to resolve any crashing or launching issues with Remnant 2 on your PC.