In this article, we will discuss what a fake PS4 controller is, how to identify one, and why it’s crucial to avoid using them. We will also provide tips on where to buy genuine PS4 controllers and how to replace a fake PS4 controller. Finally, we will answer some frequently asked questions about fake PS4 controllers.
Fake PS4 controllers have become increasingly common in recent years, making it difficult for gamers to distinguish between genuine and fake products. These fake controllers are often sold at a lower price, making them an attractive option for budget-conscious gamers. Beware, using a fake PS4 controller can lead to a subpar gaming experience, and in some cases, can even damage your console.
Identifying a fake PS4 controller can be challenging, as many of them look almost identical to the genuine article. There are several key differences to watch out for, including misaligned buttons, poor build quality, and incorrect branding.
It’s essential to know how to identify a fake PS4 controller to avoid wasting your money on a subpar product that may even cause damage to your console.
What is a Fake PS4 Controller?
A fake PS4 controller is a counterfeit product that imitates the design and functionality of the original Sony DualShock 4 controller.
Fake controllers are often produced by unauthorized manufacturers who do not adhere to the same quality control standards as Sony. As a result, fake controllers usually have inferior build quality and may not function properly or may break easily.
- One of the most common signs of a fake PS4 controller is the absence of the Sony logo on the controller or packaging. Fake controllers may also have packaging that differs from the original Sony packaging or may have pictures that are not consistent with the original product.
- It is important to note that some fake controllers may look very similar to the original product, making it difficult to distinguish between the two.
- To avoid purchasing a fake PS4 controller, it is recommended to buy from authorized retailers or reputable sellers.
- It is also important to inspect the product carefully before purchasing, checking for any signs of poor build quality or inconsistencies in the packaging.
How to Identify a Fake PS4 Controller?
When purchasing a PS4 controller, it is essential to ensure that it is authentic and not fake. To identify a fake PS4 controller, you should pay attention to the quality, Sony logo, packaging, pictures, sticker, build quality, analogue sticks, buttons, touchpad, light bar, gyro, weight, 800mAh battery, micro USB cable, and screws.
One of the most crucial factors to consider is the quality of the controller.
- A fake PS4 controller is often made with low-quality materials, which can affect its performance and durability. It is essential to check the Sony logo on the controller.
- A genuine PS4 controller will have a clear and crisp Sony logo, while a fake one may have a blurry or poorly printed logo.
- Another factor to consider is the packaging and pictures.
- A genuine PS4 controller will come in high-quality packaging with clear and professional pictures. On the other hand, a fake PS4 controller may have low-quality packaging and blurry pictures.
- You should also check the sticker on the back of the controller.
- A genuine PS4 controller will have a unique serial number on the sticker, while a fake one may have a generic or missing serial number.
- Additionally, you should examine the build quality of the controller, including the analogue sticks, buttons, touchpad, light bar, and gyro.
- Lastly, check the weight of the controller and the 800mAh battery and micro USB cable that comes with it. A genuine PS4 controller will have a weight of around 210g, while a fake one may be lighter or heavier.
The 800mAh battery should be original and not a cheap imitation, and the micro USB cable should have a high-quality finish. By considering these factors, you can identify a fake PS4 controller and avoid purchasing a low-quality product.
Why Should You Avoid Fake PS4 Controllers?
It’s important to avoid fake PS4 controllers because they can negatively impact your gaming experience. These controllers are often of lower quality and may not function properly. They may also lack the features of authentic controllers, such as Bluetooth connectivity or a lithium battery.
In addition to the potential for poor functionality, fake PS4 controllers can also pose a safety risk. The 800mAh battery in these controllers may not be up to safety standards and could potentially cause harm.
Also read: Sony PS4 loud fan fix solution
Another issue with fake PS4 controllers is that they may not come with a warranty. This means that if the controller breaks or malfunctions, you won’t be able to get a replacement or repair.
Counterfeit PS4 controllers may also be made with cheaper materials, which can lead to sticking buttons or trigger buttons that don’t work properly. The speaker may also be of lower quality, leading to a subpar gaming experience.
Overall, it’s best to avoid fake PS4 controllers and invest in an authentic controller to ensure a quality gaming experience that is safe and reliable.
Where to Buy Genuine PS4 Controllers?
When looking to purchase a genuine PS4 controller, it is important to stick with reputable retailers like Best Buy or GameStop. These large, well-known retailers offer new, authentic PS4 controllers that come with a warranty.
- It is important to avoid buying pre-owned controllers or purchasing from online marketplaces like eBay or Amazon.
- These platforms may have third-party sellers offering fake controllers that are not authentic and may not function properly.
- When buying online, always check that the seller is a business and has a good reputation for selling authentic products.
- Additionally, look for reviews or guides that can help you identify fake PS4 controllers before making a purchase.
Overall, it is important to prioritize quality and authenticity when purchasing a PS4 controller. By sticking with reputable retailers and doing your research, you can ensure that you are getting a genuine product that will function properly and last for a long time.
How to Replace a Fake PS4 Controller?
If you have purchased a fake PS4 controller and want to replace it with a genuine one, there are a few things you need to consider. Firstly, it is important to purchase a replacement controller from a reputable seller to ensure the quality of the product. You can also check the authenticity of the controller by following the steps mentioned in our previous section.
When you receive the replacement controller, make sure to check the buttons, sticks, touchpad, light bar, gyro, trigger buttons, speaker, and micro USB cable for any defects or malfunctions. If you notice any issues, contact the seller immediately to initiate a return or warranty claim.
If you are comfortable with repairing electronic devices, you can also consider fixing the fake controller by following a guide from a trusted source like iFixit. However, keep in mind that this may void any warranty or return policy offered by the seller.
In summary, replacing a fake PS4 controller with a genuine one requires purchasing from a reputable seller, checking for defects, and considering repair options if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are fake PS4 controllers reliable?
Fake PS4 controllers are not reliable and may cause issues such as connectivity problems, button malfunctions, and short battery life. It is recommended to purchase an authentic PS4 controller to ensure a quality gaming experience.
How to identify a fake PS4 controller?
There are several ways to identify a fake PS4 controller, such as checking the packaging, examining the buttons and logos, and comparing the weight and design to an authentic controller. Online guides and video tutorials can also help in identifying fake controllers.
Can I connect a fake PS4 controller to my PC?
It is possible to connect a fake PS4 controller to a PC, but it may not work properly or may require additional software or drivers. It is recommended to use an authentic PS4 controller for PC gaming.
What is the difference between a real and fake PS4 controller?
The main differences between a real and fake PS4 controller include the build quality, button responsiveness, battery life, and compatibility with the PS4 console. Fake controllers may also have different packaging and logos.
How to check the model number of a PS4 controller?
The model number of a PS4 controller can be found on the back of the controller near the L2 button. The model number can also be found in the settings menu of the PS4 console.
Is it possible to check the serial number of a PS4 controller?
Yes, the serial number of a PS4 controller can be found on the back of the controller near the L2 button. The serial number can also be found in the settings menu of the PS4 console.