Are you ready to dive into the exciting world of video game trailers and showcases? Look no further than the Tokyo Game Show 2023, which is taking place both in-person and online over the next few days. With big names like Square Enix, Sega, and Capcom still on the schedule, there’s sure to be plenty of news on upcoming games as we approach the fall season.
Even though Sony and Nintendo have already aired their showcases, there’s still plenty to look forward to. RGG Studio has already announced a release date for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, and Level-5 is set to talk about Inazuma Eleven, Decapolice, Fantasy Life i, and Megaton Musashi. So sit back, relax, and get ready to be wowed by all the exciting trailers and news coming out of the Tokyo Game Show 2023.
Table of Contents
The Schedule and Games Shown at the Tokyo Game Show 2023
The Tokyo Game Show 2023 is set to showcase a variety of games from big-name developers such as Level-5, Koei Tecmo, and HoYoverse. While the exact lineup of games is not yet known, we can expect to see news about Level-5’s remaining 2023 titles, updates on HoYoverse’s upcoming projects, and more information about Koei Tecmo’s Fate/Samurai Remnant.
Throughout the week, additional trailers and release dates are likely to be announced. This is the last chance for big game news before the fall season begins, so it’s an important time for gamers to tune in. The schedule for the event will be converted to US time zones, including Pacific Time (PT) and Eastern Time (ET), to make it easier for viewers to follow along.
Wednesday, September 20
On Wednesday, September 20, Tokyo Game Show 2023 featured a variety of exciting events. At 9:50 PM ET/6:50 PM PT, Arc System Works hosted a stream that included news on the new Under Night In-Birth entry and Guilty Gear Strive. At 10 PM ET/7 PM PT, the opening keynote speech took place with guests Pierre Loup Griffais and Erik Peterson of Valve, Capcom’s William Yagi-Bacon, and Bandai Namco’s Katsuhiro Harada. Bandai Namco also aired stage shows and reveals throughout the week, which you could check out on their YouTube channel for premiere times in your time zone.
Thursday, September 21
On Thursday, September 21, Tokyo Game Show 2023 continues with several exciting streams from various publishers. Here’s what you can expect to see:
- Microsoft Japan will be streaming the latest information from creators mainly based in Japan and other parts of Asia. No firm details have been given, but you can watch the stream on YouTube or Twitch starting at 5 a.m. ET/2 a.m. PT.
- 505 Games will be providing updates on several games, including Crime Boss: Rockay City, Miasma Chronicles, The Magical Mixture Mills, and Ghostrunner 2. You can catch the stream on YouTube or Twitch starting at 6 a.m. ET/3 a.m. PT.
- Sega and Atlus will team up to provide information about Sonic Superstars, Persona 5 Tactica, and more. They will also be streaming throughout the week to showcase their games. You can watch their stream on YouTube or Twitch starting at 7 a.m. ET/4 a.m. PT.
- Level-5 will be talking about several of their games, including Inazuma Eleven, Decapolice, Fantasy Life i, and Megaton Musashi. This could be a noteworthy stream, so be sure to tune in on YouTube or Twitch starting at 8 a.m. ET/5 a.m. PT.
- Koei Tecmo will be showcasing Fate/Samurai Remnant, providing the latest gameplay footage and trailers as well as the voice actors behind the action. You can watch their stream on YouTube or Twitch starting at 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT.
- Capcom will be featuring a presentation by Director Hideaki Itsuno, which will be of particular interest to anyone awaiting Dragon’s Dogma 2. You can also expect to see footage of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Street Fighter 6, Resident Evil 4, and Exoprimal. Capcom will be hosting several streams throughout the week on their own channels. You can catch their stream on YouTube or Twitch starting at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT.
- Finally, Yu Suzuki, the creator of Shenmue, will be talking about Air Twister. You can watch this stream on YouTube starting at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.
Be sure to tune in to these exciting streams on Thursday, September 21, to see the latest updates from some of the biggest publishers in the gaming industry.
Friday, September 22
On the second day of Tokyo Game Show 2023, there are several exciting events to look forward to. Here’s a rundown of what you can expect:
- Koei Tecmo will showcase their upcoming games, including the new Atelier game and Wo-Long: Fallen Dynasty DLC Content Volume 2. Fans of these franchises won’t want to miss this presentation.
- HoYoverse will provide new information about their games, including Zenless Zone Zero. If you’re a fan of this studio’s work, be sure to tune in.
- Square Enix will have their own booth, where Eiko Kano, Kenta Sakai, and Masayuki Kibe will play anticipated titles. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Foamstars are among the games set to appear here. Additionally, Square Enix is hosting a large stage full of events with more gameplay.
Don’t forget to check out the full schedule for Square Enix’s stage events on YouTube and Twitch.
Overall, Friday is shaping up to be another exciting day at the Tokyo Game Show 2023. Keep an eye out for more announcements and updates from your favourite developers and publishers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the official streaming platforms for Tokyo Game Show 2023?
The official streaming platforms for Tokyo Game Show 2023 are YouTube and Twitch. The Xbox Digital Broadcast will also be available on the official Xbox website.
Can I watch Tokyo Game Show 2023 for free?
Yes, you can watch Tokyo Game Show 2023 for free. The streams will be available on the official YouTube and Twitch channels, as well as the Xbox website, without any additional cost.
What is the schedule for Tokyo Game Show 2023 streams?
The schedule for Tokyo Game Show 2023 streams varies depending on the day. You can find the full schedule on the official Tokyo Game Show website. The Xbox Digital Broadcast will be on September 21 at 6pm JST / 9am UTC / 2am PDT.
Are there any exclusive announcements or reveals during Tokyo Game Show 2023?
Yes, there are exclusive announcements and reveals during Tokyo Game Show 2023. The event promises to bring updates on a variety of games from Xbox, Bethesda Softworks, and “creators predominantly located in Japan and across Asia.” Fans can expect to see exciting, interesting, and even wacky upcoming video game titles. Keep an eye out for the latest news and updates during the event.